Sunday, July 20, 2008

How are your Google skills?

It's probably safe to call myself a Google power user. I use it all the time and it's rare I can't find an answer to a question with the right Google search (sometimes it does take a bit of work, though).

I'm closing in on my 15,000th recorded Google search.*

So, I'm going to do a few blog posts to talk about some of the cool tips & tricks you can do with Google as well as a few nifty features you may not already know about.

Today I have a little quiz to test your searching skills:

Email me a Google search phrase that will return sites about the band The The.

I'll post the best submissions in the comments to this post.

*If you have a Google account and log in whenever you do a search (or use iGoogle), Google keeps track of your search history and even fine-tunes your results based on your search history. My search count is now at 14,501. My search history starts from April 25, 2005 and apparently my first recorded search was books about ecuador. Later that day I searched on spunkball and clicked this result link.

0 comments: