Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The document was sent to the printer

I click the Print button in Word (or any application) and I quickly get a popup in the taskbar telling me "The document was sent to the printer."

What a surprise--I wouldn't have expected that!

That popup has to be the most annoying Windows feature. It's unbelievable that it still remains even in Vista. Of course my document was just sent to the printer--I just printed it!

A useful message would be one that told me when it was finished printing.

And (in my opinion), they don't make it easy to figure out how to turn these messages off. But I eventually tracked it down (here is the Vista version):

1) Control Panel -> Printer
2) Right click and select Server Properties...
3) Go to Advanced tab and uncheck Show information notifications for network printers.
4) Click OK and print away.

0 comments: